Saturday, July 3, 2010

Roaring Brook Fireworks


Instead of watching the fireworks from behind our house in Jay tonight, we hiked to the top of Roaring Brook Falls to watch them over the Ausable Club.


We arrived before sunset and found our spot on the rocks. Lori, Drew, and I couldn't get over what a perfect summer night it was and quietly took in the beauty around us. We were all relaxing until some loud obnoxious hikers from New Jersey showed up and got right in front of us and ruined our wilderness experience!

Just kidding, we love you Muffin even if you are from NJ! :)

There are moments every day when I realize how lucky I am to live here. Tonight was no exception. Being able to pick up my husband and friend after work and take a short hike to watch fireworks in the mountains is definitely not something I take for granted.

Happy Fourth of July from the top of Roaring Brook Falls!

No comments: