Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pancake Breakfast

This morning before work I met up with Heather and her beau at the Shipman Youth Center in Lake Placid because they were having a Pancake Breakfast.  The Youth Center collected sap this spring with the Cornell Maple Program and now had a finished product that we would be able to sample on a stack of pancakes along with sausage and juice or coffee for only $5!  

Usually I find that I go into a food coma after eating pancakes and was reluctant to do this before work, but thought it would be a nice alternative to my usual english muffin with peanut butter.  Heather's beau has the same experience with pancakes as me and Heather doesn't even like real maple syrup (Gasp!), but we all must have shared the same thought, that it would be nice to eat and support the Youth Center at the same time.

Of course I had no problem eating up my pancakes and am pleased to say that they didn't make me feel like a lump afterwards.  In fact, I enjoyed them so much, I forgot to take a picture of them.  Luckily, our former mayor was sitting right next to us and allowed me to take a picture of his plate.  
Mmmmm Mmmmm Good!

No comments: