Saturday, April 18, 2009

Travy G's

Travy G's Pizzeria in Ausable Forks is the closest pizza joint to where we live in Jay and I had heard good things about their food from friends. If I had one last meal, it would be pizza and I will admit that I have high expectations when trying out a new pizza place.  Just the name, Travy G's, made me think that it would be good pizza.  If it had been Travis Pizza, that would have made me skeptical.  At any rate, I called Travy G's and ordered us a cheese pizza and some garlic knots.  When we walked in to pick up our pizza, I could smell the garlic knots and that got me really excited to tear open the box and eat one.  Of course I waited until we got home and was a little disappointed because they were cold.  We both agreed that it wasn't just the drive home that made them cold, they must have been cold to begin with.  They were still edible and we liked them, but I probably should have put them in the oven to warm them up so we could have experienced the warm garlic knots that so many people had told me I needed to try.  Maybe if we ate there, they would have served them fresh out of the oven.

The pizza looked promising and it was still hot.  
The crust wasn't too dry or doughy and they didn't skimp on the cheese or sauce.  We both thought the pizza was good, but not great.  There was just something about the sauce that our taste buds weren't used to and we couldn't figure it out.  We ate about half of it that night and put the rest in the refrigerator.  

We each took a slice to work the next day for lunch.  I had warmed mine up in the toaster oven in my office and was really surprised that I liked it more than the night before.  Drew had called and told me that he had his pizza cold and enjoyed it more too.  Perhaps the sauce just had to settle in with the seasonings.  I'm not sure if there were miniature chefs working in our refrigerator for the night, but whatever happened in the night made Travy G's leftover pizza most excellent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the garlic knots, they are usually soooo good!