Friday, June 26, 2009

Camper Cat

Living in Jay with two cats is usually wonderful, but when we have to drive them thirty minutes to the vet in Ray Brook, it simply sucks!  I would like to take them to the veterinarian we have in Jay, but I heard that she is not taking new animals. 

Mango is content to just sit on my lap the whole way, but Monty cries and shreds his nails when he is crated in the car.  This breaks my heart.  I was telling this story to a friend, when an elderly woman overheard me and told me her cat has no problem with long trips and pointed to her camper outside.


Brenda is 85 years old and lives in her camper year round with her cat Tucker .  She lives in Florida for the winter and then summers in the Adirondacks.  What a life!

When I am 85, I can only hope that I would be able to travel up and down the East Coast with a traveling companion as nice as Tucker.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Brenda, You are my idol and inspiration. Great story!

Beebie

Anonymous said...

My wife @ 85!