Tuesday, September 30, 2008

40 Pound Block of Cheese

Now that the temperature has dropped, I find myself wanting more comfort food.  Yes, that means more cheese will be added to my diet.  At Devin's Garage and Deli in Jay,  they advertise on their sign: Subs, Deli Meats, Ice Cream, Beer and of course, New York State Cheddar Cheese. At Devin's Deli you can find at the counter a 40 pound brick of Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Apparently, they order ten 40 lb bricks at a time!  The cheese never sees a cooler and tastes better as it ages.  They told me that during the holidays and other busy times they sometimes go through a brick a week!  Anytime I get a sandwich from Devin's I get it with their cheddar cheese.  People love this cheese!  You can buy the cheese by the pound at $5.79.  

Before any of you leave any gross comments, I'll do it for you: Devin's Garage and Deli is very convenient, Get gas, then cut the Cheese!

No comments: