Friday, September 26, 2008

Riverside Antiques

I received an email the other day letting me know about a new antique store on 9N in Upper Jay, Riverside Antiques.  I was really excited to check it out, but thought it might be an issue since I work every weekend and was figuring it would only be open then.  I lucked out though, I was driving by on a Tuesday afternoon and it was open!Julie Robinson from Upper Jay has moved her antiques out of storage into the small green used bookstore.  I never had the chance to check out the space until Tuesday.  She had a few things I liked, an old drying rack, vintage wooden coca cola crates, mushroom prints.  But, unfortunately for Julie, I was only window shopping.  I hope for her sake someone rich drives by.  Julie said until the weather turns cold, she will try to be open Tuesdays - Sundays 1 - 5 pm.  She admits it might be a hit or miss thing though.  Keeping that in mind, I wouldn't make a trip specifically for the antique store, combine it with something.  You could check out the Gargoyles around the corner or even head over to Jay and have a picnic at the Covered Bridge.

No comments: