Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Candy Man Chocolates

What better time of year to blog about Candy Man Chocolates than the week of Valentine's Day?  
The Candy Man has two locations, Main Street in Lake Placid and their main store in Wilmington where you can see them making the chocolates through a window.  

They have a wide assortment of home-made chocolates, truffles, and cordials in the case where you can put together your own goody bag if you don't see anything you like already pre-packaged.

I stopped by this afternoon and thought I'd share with all of you a few things that caught my eye (hint, hint).  I've never been a fan of the 1 pound box of chocolates for Valentine's Day, mostly because I would have no use for a red heart shaped box.  Honestly, it would just end up torn apart with my recyclables, after I devoured the chocolates of course.  

I like all chocolate, but lately I've been digging dark chocolate and these dark chocolate pink hearts caught my eye because a couple of these would be great as an afternoon snack at work. 
I know what you might be thinking, is she always so practical?  Well, I just thought they might travel well and being in foil makes you have to work for the chocolate and that means they wouldn't disappear all at once.  

I also saw these wonderful dipped chocolate pretzels that I would probably gobble up in seconds. There were coconut patties and mint chocolate patties that I would enjoy every bite of as well.  

Last but not least, they have mint malt balls!  

I never knew they carried these, that is probably a good thing because I would have been stopping every week to pick myself up a bag.  I think that mint and chocolate is the perfect marriage of two ingredients that have ever existed and turning it into a malted ball really rocks my world!  

So, Mr. Mint Malt Ball... Will you be my valentine?

2 comments:

rabbit13676 said...

Yummmmmm! Do they have any pecan turtles? Hint, hint!

TourPro said...

There's really no such thing as a bad candy store.